Wednesday 23 September 2009

Week 4

Well i hate to say it but I am struggling to think of things to say. I can't decide whether it's because the weeks are jam packed and just fly along without me realizing or whether it's because I don't actually do very much (and the weeks fly by without me realizing haha!). With all this in mind, I think I will probably end up making this a bi-monthly blog so that it sounds as if I am doing loads of crazy things all the time haha!

One thing that has been pestering me ever since I arrived in Texas is the crickets! They are literally the most annoying things known to man. Joe tells me off for killing them but I have to admit that in a really sadistic way I enjoy doing it because the bastards keep me awake all night in fear. In fact I bought a pair of sandals that zip up at the back (don't be mad mum!) and the sound of the zip clanking at the back made me think that crickets were following me. Seriously, I think it's making me insane. Joe and I have thought that they are coming through the air conditioning vents and I finally plucked up the courage to have a look at the vent and managed to shut it off! Since, there has only been one (unfortunate) cricket in my room so hopefully it's done the trick.

I've started getting creative in the apartment as it was looking a bit bare. I tied those Hawaiian flowery neck things to make some groovy bunting round the window and breakfast bar. There are also some posters on the walls and I've put up some posters that I bought in my room. I will post pictures when it's finished! Joe and I have started getting a bit creative with food. We're both pretty hot at risotto now and recently we've made pitta breads and victoria sponges. I suppose deep down we feel we have a duty to try and eat healthily!

The wind trio is going really well and we get on brilliantly. After every rehearsal we end up going out to lunch or dinner! oooops Reading band is okay but a little boring and I'm struggling to see where it's progressing too but nevermind. My saxophone and flute teacher actually lives in teh apartment complex right next door to me so I am having lessons at the weekend which works really well for both of us. Bring on a lab band next semester! Symphonic band is going well and we have 2 concerts tomorrow (lunchtime and evening) which should come off effectively. The lunch time one is a children's performance with the theme of 'tradition' so we're playing the national anthem! It's been arranged and jazzed up with loads of scrunchy half diminisheds and sustained chords so I'm really struggling not to laugh when I play it! Finally, music wise, I got my unit 1 test result back for Jazz History and I got 87%. Of course I'm not completely happy with it (especially as when I looked at my paper I'd made silly mistakes like marking me answer in the wrong box!) but it's a good start none the less and I should still be on for an A.

I'm actually missing Leeds quite a lot at the moment. I think it might be all the facebook freshers week status'. HiFi, Mission, The Fav, Danceband, Symph, Hyde Park, The Eldon, marmite, real cadburys choccie aaaahhhh!

Oh well, I suppose that it's the 4 week blues or something! It's exciting making new friends (especially sorting between the wierd stalkerish ones and the cool ones!) and my playing and knowledge is already much more advanced.

Speak soonish! xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment